White Bean Chicken Chili Soup
- 6 cups chicken broth (or bone broth)
- 2 – 15.8 ounce cans of cannellini beans (I used a can of chickpeas – they work too)
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1¼ pound chicken breast, cubed small (I like to do this with shredded chicken)
- 1 cup white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalepeno, minced
- handful of fresh sage, and cilantro
- In a large pot, add broth and beans and bring to a boil. Add seasonings and reduce heat to simmer.
- In a medium pan warm 2 tablespoons of oil and add cubed chicken and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken to simmering stock.
- In the chicken pan, add garlic, onions, jalepeno and mushrooms with the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil and saute until onions are translucent.
- Rough chop cilantro and sage and add to onion, garlic and jalapeno mixture. Saute for a minute or two, add to the stock pot.
- Let the entire thing simmer on low for another 30 minutes or more. The longer you simmer the thicker the soup. I added a couple tsp of gluten free flour to thicken.