- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup chopped, massaged kale
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1-2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1-2 cups mandarin oranges
- ¼-1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (I like using the black ones for color contrast)
- ¼ cup liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- Combine the salad mixture and toss together.
- Whisk together salad dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
- If serving the whole salad immediately, stir in the salad add-ins (chicken, oranges, almonds, sesame seeds) and enough dressing to lightly coat the salad, adding a little at a time so it doesn’t get too soggy. I only used about half of the dressing and saved the excess.
- Serve right away or keep dressing separate and prepare as needed.