- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 oz canned or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 oz fat free chicken broth
- scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- Combine chicken broth, beans (drained), corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in a slow cooker/ crock pot.
- Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture and sprinkle with salt.
- Cook on low for 8 – 10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving, remove chicken and shred with forks.
- Put chicken back in slow cooker and mix.
- Optionally serve over rice, quinoa, riced cauliflower rice and with your favorite toppings… low fat cheese, plain greek yogurt and hot sauce.
Nutrition Info: Makes about 8 servings, Serving Size: 3/4 cup. 183 calories, 3g fat, 17g carbohydrate (without rice), 24g protein.