- 2 chicken breasts, cut lengthwise
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup minced apples, mashed with a fork
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- green onion and lime for garnish
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet until 1/2 inch in thickness. You can use plastic wrap or a ziplock bag to accomplish this task.
- In a glass bowl combine liquid aminos or soy sauce, apples, onion, sesame oil, coconut sugar, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and sesame seeds. Whisk until combined and scoop out about 1/4 cup of the mixture to set aside.
- Marinate chicken in the mixture bowl, turning to coat, and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Using a grill pan or an actual grill on medium heat, lay chicken flat and let cook for 3 minutes then flip.
- Pour the 1.4 cup of marinade you saved on cooking chicken after you turn it and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Top with green onions and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Goes great with brown rice, quinoa, veggies or salad.
Makes 4 servings. Recipe adapted from SkinnyTaste.com