Instant Pot “Rotisserie” Chicken
- 3 pound chicken, whole
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt & black pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into quarters
- 5 large cloves fresh garlic, peeled and left whole
- seasoning mix (ingredients below)
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- Rub chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the onion wedges and garlic cloves inside the chicken cavity.
- Turn on the pressure cooker and press the Sauté button.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the metal pan. When it heats up, add the whole chicken and brown both sides, about 4-5 minutes each side.
- Remove the chicken and set aside. Place the trivet in the bottom of the metal pan and pour in chicken stock.
- Rub down chicken with Seasoning Mix.
- Place the chicken, breast side up in the instant pot and seal the lid.
- Set Instant Pot to Manual for 25 minutes.
- When the timer ends, let the pressure to release for 15 minutes.
- Allow chicken to rest before serving.