Egg Stuffed Sweet Potato Boats
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 2 slices of ham
- 1 green onion, diced
- pinch of salt
- black pepper
- Sriracha (optional)
Other filling ideas:
- Tomato, diced
- Broccoli florets
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- White onion, diced
- Red bell pepper, diced
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Using a fork, poke holes all over the sweet potatoes.
- Place uncovered in the microwave for 7-8 minutes until they have softened significantly.
- Slice in half and use a spoon to scrape out the middle, leave a ¼-inch thick border on all sides.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and lay potatoes face up on there.
- Fill with, diced ham, onion and 1 egg.
- Season each with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until the egg has cooked to the consistency you prefer. Check every few minutes to make sure they don’t overcook.
- Top with onions and sriracha if desired.