Crock Pot Low Country Boil
- 1-1 1/2 lbs small new potatoes
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth or bone broth
- 1 lb andouille or chicken sausage, cut into 1-inch bite sized pieces
- 2 ears fresh corn, husked and cut into small pices (about 4 per ear)
- 2 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs large shrimp, shelled with tails on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Cut potatoes into bite size pieces or use mini red potatoes. Place potatoes in the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker and add chicken broth or bone broth.
- Add sausage, Old Bay and cayenne pepper.
- Lay corn pieces on the top layer, drizzle all with olive oil and cover.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, 3-4 hours on high, or until the corn and potatoes are fork tender.
- Add shrimp and re-cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the shrimp are pink.
- Use a slotted spoon to move the contents to a large bowl. Spoon some of the liquid over top of the mixture, drizzle with more olive oil, and add parsley. Toss and serve with lemons!