- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for roasting
- 1 cup diced sweet potatoes (about 1 medium) OR 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, halved and cut into thin slices
- 1 lb pork, turkey or chicken breakfast sausage
- 2 cups spinach, chopped (fresh)
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roast onions and sweet potatoes until tender, 20-25 minutes.
- While that’s roasting, heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add sausage. Stir until browned, remove from skillet and place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with salt, garlic powder and fresh black pepper.
- Grease a 9×13 pan and place sweet potato mixture (if using beans here is where they get added), sun dried tomatoes, and sausage in it. Top with chopped spinach. Pour eggs over and gently stir to combine.
- Bake at 400 for about 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set in the middle. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t over cook.
- Let cool and then slice into 8 squares.
Whole 30 compliant!